Do You Have Sleep Apnea?
Book a Sleep Health Assessment at The Snore Shop
If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, you may have Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), a serious but treatable medical condition that causes you to stop breathing while you sleep.
The Snore Shop makes it easy to be assessed for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Our Sleep Health Assessment is the most comprehensive, personalized assessment for sleep apnea in the Maritimes. It’s designed to:
- Provide insight into where you score on important factors in sleep health
- Provide you with answers and personalized solutions should you have sleep apnea
- Empower you to make informed decisions about your health
- Provide you with comprehensive support through the entire process
How The Sleep Health Assessment Works
- During your appointment, one of our Patient Care Coordinators will review your symptoms and your goals, provide education on Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and demonstrate how to properly use the home sleep test equipment.
- You’ll receive a takeaway information package that recaps everything discussed during the appointment.
- You’ll wear the home sleep testing device that night. It ensures we collect the data we need, all from the comfort of your own bed!
- You’ll return the device to the clinic by 10:30am next morning for us to process your results.
- We send your results to your doctor to have them confirm your diagnosis and write a prescription, if needed.
- We’ll provide you with an easy-to-understand, personalized report containing your sleep health insights.
- If your doctor confirms your sleep apnea diagnosis, our clinicians will meet with you to review your results and treatment options. We provide expert advice every step of the way.
The Sleep Health Assessment is $75, which you’ll pay at your first appointment. If your doctor confirms your sleep apnea diagnosis, this will be applied to the purchase of your CPAP therapy device as a non-refundable deposit.
Why Should I Get Assessed?
By booking a Sleep Health Assessment, you’re taking control of your health and wellbeing. If left untreated, research suggests that patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA):
- Are 140% more likely to have heart failure 1
- Are 60% more likely to have a stroke 1
- Are up to 7x more likely to be in a traffic accident 2
Research also connects OSA with a variety of other illnesses:
- Up to 83% of patients with high blood pressure also have OSA 3,4
- 48% of patients with type 2 diabetes also have OSA 5
- Up to 40% of patients with depression also have OSA 6
- 64% of men with erectile dysfunction also have OSA 7
The good news is that OSA is treatable and the benefits are many!
CPAP Therapy: The Gold Standard for Treating OSA
If you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, CPAP therapy is considered the most effective treatment. Once we have your assessment results, we’ll work with you and your doctor to personalize therapy to you.
If your doctor prescribes CPAP, we’ll help you every step of the way – from selecting a machine and mask, to helping you adapt to treatment, and providing continuing care.
Our patients often describe CPAP therapy as life changing, and for good reason. Benefits of CPAP therapy include:
Take Control of Your Health: Schedule Your Sleep Health Assessment Now
If you suspect you may have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, it’s time to find answers. The first step is booking your Sleep Health Assessment with The Snore Shop. Book online by choosing the clinic location nearest you and a date and time:
1. Shahar et al. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001
2. Hartenbaum et al. National Sleep Foundation 2006
3. Logan et al. J Hypertens 2001
4. Sjostrom et al. Thorax 2002
5. Einhorn et al. Endocr Pract. 2007
6. Basta et al. J Clin Sleep Med 2008
7. Santos et al. Pulmonology Journal 2012
8. American Association Sleep Apnea Association